Anyone knows that while you’re on your weight loss journey, you have to be aware of your diet. Diet and exercise are the most important aspects for quick and healthy weight loss. Here are a couple of healthy recipes for great cooking during your weight loss journey!
Recipes are key
As we mentioned earlier, diet is everything! However, the most important aspect when it comes to a good healthy diet, is meal prep. Meal prep makes a great diet easier than you can imagine. From healthy chicken and steak options, to vegan and gluten free faire, a healthy diet is important to your weight loss journey.
Here are a few recipe ideas:
Ok, so now that you’ve been waiting for some of our ideas, here you go!
Oven baked salmon: A great salmon recipe helps during your weight loss journey, and this recipe only takes about 20 minutes to make!
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper. Place salmon, skin side down, on a non-stick baking sheet or in a non-stick pan with an oven-proof handle. Bake until salmon is cooked through, about 12 to 15 minutes.
Roasted Brussel Sprouts: Now don’t get us wrong, brussel sprouts are the quintessential no-no for everyone, especially kids! But this recipe is a good one for your weight loss journey.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut off the brown ends of the Brussels sprouts and pull off any yellow outer leaves. Mix them in a bowl with the olive oil, salt and pepper. Pour them on a sheet pan and roast for 35 to 40 minutes, until crisp on the outside and tender on the inside. Shake the pan from time to time to brown the sprouts evenly. Sprinkle with more kosher salt ( I like these salty like French fries), and serve immediately.
Yet another easy recipe and healthy recipe for your weight loss journey.
And finally, now that you’ve had our brussel sprouts and salmon, here is one of our final recipes.
Eating snacks can destroy a good diet while you are trying to lose weight. Here is a recipe by Food Network favorite, Alton Brown.
- In a large bowl place the scooped avocado pulp and lime juice, toss to coat. Drain, and reserve the lime juice, after all of the avocados have been coated. Using a potato masher add the salt, cumin, and cayenne and mash. Then, fold in the onions, tomatoes, cilantro, and garlic. Add 1 tablespoon of the reserved lime juice. Let sit at room temperature for 1 hour and then serve.
The best of luck in your weight loss journey!
Now that you’ve got a few healthy recipes for your weight loss journey, we wish you well as you succeed with your weight loss!